Health Enterprise East Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms of website use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018, the data controller is Health Enterprise East Limited of Milton Hall, Ely Road, Milton, Cambridge, CB24 6WZ.
Information we may collect from you
When someone visits our website we use third party services e.g. Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns.
We may also collect and process the following data about you:
- Information provided at the time of registering to use our site or requesting further services;
- When you register to receive downloadable information, newsletters or other information;
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site;
- When you send a request to contact you or you report a problem with the site; and
- Information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Health Enterprise East Limited.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence in our secure contact management system.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you is stored in our databases on a secure server located within the European Economic Area ("EEA"). These are cloud services hosted for us by Microsoft.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To inform our marketing and sales activities, including market mapping, client and prospect mapping activities;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- To notify you about changes to our service
If you are from one of our member organisations or have provided us with your personal details in connection with registering for an event or in connection with one of the services we offer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of the original correspondence.
At any time you can opt-out of receiving marketing emails by following the clear ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of each email. At any point you can also ask to be removed from our marketing database by contacting:
FAO Data Protection Co-ordinator
Health Enterprise East
Milton Hall, Ely Road
Milton, Cambridge CB24 6WZ
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to other bodies affiliated with Health Enterprise East including:
- Analytics and search engine providers, that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- Our professional advisors and service providers;
- Our partner organisations such as Medovate Ltd (for the purpose of assessing potential in-licensing targets) and the Eastern AHSN (for the purpose of sharing information on joint initiatives such as the Clinical Entrepreneurs Network);
- Government and the European Union Institutions for the purpose of disclosing how we spend money in respect of grants and other funding received from these bodies;
- If Health Enterprise East Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
We will share your information with our CRM provider who distribute our newsletter and competition launches. Similarly, it is possible that our website support company could need to access our mail lists as part of maintenance or improvements. These trusted third parties would only be permitted to use your personal information for the purposes we specify.
Your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Individuals who are the subject of personal data held by Health Enterprise East are entitled to:
- Ask what information the company holds about them and why
- Ask how to gain access to it
- Be informed how to keep it up to date
- Be informed how the company is meeting its data protection obligations
Individuals can find out if we hold any of their personal information by making a ‘subject access request’, in writing to Health Enterprise East FAO Data Protection Co-ordinator at the address above or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also request that data is amended to keep it up to date or the ‘right to erasure’, when we will delete any information we hold on you or put it beyond use, unless a regulatory or legal reason prevents this.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.