The MedTech Navigator programme delivered by Health Enterprise East supports knowledge exchange between the NHS, academia and industry to facilitate the development of novel solutions that will improve healthcare and the patient experience.
This webinar will explore opportunities for collaborative working in surgery and showcase some of the latest technological developments from industry.
Key themes to be explored include:
- Pre-operative innovations - optimising the patient, organs or surgical teams for improved patient outcomes
- Innovative applications within imaging, AR/VR and 3D printing to prepare and plan for surgery
- Exploring opportunities for innovation in perioperative surgery and anaesthetics
- Surgical robotics (minimal access surgery, virtual trainers, etc.)
- Improving outcomes with innovations in cardiac and orthopaedic surgery
The event will feature presentations from clinicians who will share their major clinical challenges and unmet needs related to surgery alongside representatives from industry. Confirmed speakers include:
- Prof. David Beard, Professor of Musculoskeletal and Surgical Science, Nuffield Dept of Orthopaedics, Rheumatology and Musculoskeletal Sciences, University of Oxford
- Prof. Tan Arulampalam, Laparoscopic & General Surgeon, East Suffolk & North Essex NHS Foundation Trust
- Mr Andrew Hindmarsh, Consultant Oesophagogastric Surgeon, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Jeremy Russell, Chief Executive, Freehand Surgeon
- Graeme Smith, Chief Executive, Lightpoint Medical
- Alberto Casonato / 3D Metal Printing & Richie Gill / Univ of Bath
- Matt Beaty, CEO & Founder, Sapien Health
Key objectives of the day:
- Knowledge exchange.
- Enable companies to identify potential market opportunities in surgery through the process of needs identification.
- Facilitating a demand led approach to engaging SMEs in new R&D projects that are both customer-focussed and collaborative in nature.
- Creation of partnerships between clinicians, academics and industry to develop the right products for the healthcare market of the future.
Join us for this stimulating and free discussion!
Contact Details: Any queries please email Dr Chris Warwick at Chris.Warwick@hee.co.uk or call on 01223 422422.
Please note that this is a free event and pre-registration is essential. Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis. If you are unable to attend, please make every effort to cancel your ticket.