The MedTech Navigator programme, delivered by Health Enterprise East, supports knowledge exchange between the NHS, academia and industry to facilitate the development of novel solutions that will improve healthcare and the patient experience.
This interactive workshop will provide opportunities for companies, innovators and clinicians to explore unmet needs in healthy ageing. The events will facilitate opportunities for collaborative research and development projects and showcase some of the latest technological developments from industry. In addition, while health and care providers have been able to rapidly adapt care pathways to support safe delivery of care during the coronavirus pandemic, we will discuss whether these changes are desirable or sustainable long-term.
Key themes to be explored include:
- Healthy ageing – the impact of nutrition, lifestyle
- Empowering patients to live at home through assistive technology
- Technology to support those working in care homes, community nursing
- Community engagement and support for people affected by dementia
- Medicines optimisation
- Technologies to predict Falls
- Optimising the care for those with complex needs, specifically frail older people
The event will feature presentations from clinicians and public health experts who will share their major clinical challenges and unmet needs related to the future of elderly care.
- Dr Lis Boulton, Research Fellow, NIHR Policy Research Unit Older People and Frailty, School of Health Sciences, University of Manchester – “Role of Technology and Innovation in Health Ageing”
- Dr Claire Dow, Consultant Geriatrician, Barts Health NHS Trust - "Frailty and the impact of reduced physical activity and socialising on well-being post-COVID"
- Carol Roberts, Chief Executive, PrescQIPP CIC – “Medications Adherence & Optimisation”
- Dr Steven Laitner, General Practitioner & Freelance Health Consultant
- Lisa Butland, Chief Executive of Age UK in Calderdale and Kirklees
Delegates will also hear from companies at the forefront of developing innovative solutions for healthy ageing, assistive technology and medicines optimisation including Bridgit Care, Service Robotics and Red Ninja. There will be an opportunity for medtech companies to showcase their innovative products and explore collaboration across the industry – healthcare provider – patient spectrum.
Key objectives of the day:
- Knowledge exchange.
- Enable companies to identify potential market opportunities in the digital. transformation of care through the process of needs identification.
- Facilitating a demand led approach to engaging SMEs in new R&D projects that are both customer-focused and collaborative in nature.
- Creation of partnerships between clinicians, academics and industry to develop the right products for the healthcare market of the future.
We will also launch two white papers on the day covering the health economics landscape and the industry landscape for Healthy Ageing.
Join us for this stimulating and free discussion!
Venue: This event will be held online.
Contact Details: Any queries please email Dr Chris Warwick at Chris.Warwick@hee.co.uk or call on 01223 928044.
Please note that this is a free event and pre-registration is essential. Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis. If you are unable to attend, please make every effort to cancel your ticket.