About Health Enterprise East
Health Enterprise East (HEE) is a leading Healthcare Innovation and Technology Consultancy based in Cambridge. At HEE we believe in improving healthcare through technology and innovation.
Key aspects of our work include helping the NHS, academia and the medical technology industry to turn innovative ideas into new products and services that will benefit patients.
HEE is looking to recruit a new Head of Innovation to work with our network of 20 NHS organisations across England. Your primary responsibility will be to manage the successful development and commercialisation of research & innovation projects from clinicians at leading teaching hospitals and other research active parts of the NHS and academia.
With a growing NHS and industry client base, you will have a key role in bringing early stage IP projects in healthcare through to market in a role where you can really make a difference.
As Head of Innovation you will have direct client responsibilities for our NHS member network and support the Chief Executive with the delivery of effective innovation management services to clients.
You will be responsible for developing and commercialising a portfolio of medical technology innovations arising from our NHS Member Network. You will also support the consulting team with delivery of IP and commercialisation advice to industry.
Key responsibilities will include to:
- Develop effective strategies aimed at capturing new innovations from within our NHS Member Network.
- Identify appropriate development and commercialisation strategies for each innovation taken forward
- Lead the negotiation of sometimes complex deals with potential ‘go to market’ partners including existing manufacturers, distributors, investors and other potential collaborators
- Support delivery of IP and commercialisation services to industry and other non-NHS bodies
- With other senior management team members identify and develop new business opportunities for the company
Skills and Experience
As part of the multidisciplinary HEE team, you will be an energetic, driven and highly effective commercial negotiator with experience in bringing IP projects through to market.
This is a client facing role requiring strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. You will have:
- A degree or equivalent level experience in a life sciences, engineering or related discipline with a keen interest in improving healthcare through technology and innovation
- Demonstrable experience in the identification of suitable commercial partners, licensing activity and the creation of business plans for spinout companies
- Proven track record of leading technology commercialisation activities within a public sector or equivalent body with excellent results
- Extensive all-round experience in IP identification, protection, prosecution and infringement strategies
- Knowledge of and prior experience working with the NHS would be an advantage but is not essential
- Demonstrable account and client relationship management skills and/or experience
We offer a competitive salary of £53,000 to £58,000 depending on experience and benefits package including 27 days holiday each year, pension scheme and training and development opportunities.
Applicants are encouraged to read the full job description here before applying.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in a career in a dynamic, health technology consultancy please tell us how your skills and experience match the criteria in the person specification and send this along with your CV to Penny Richold at email@example.com.
We value diversity at HEE and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
For further information or an informal conversation please contact Dr Anne Blackwood, Chief Executive (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 07714-999943).
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 12th May 2021. Interviews will take place in the week commencing 24th May 2021.